Monday, August 11, 2008

(Mumble mumble) Bureaucrats (mumble)

Greetings from Spokane y'all -- the Making Disciples conferences is simply awesome. Lots of new stuff, lots to chew on and digest, great fellow attendees and a beautiful location (the Immaculate Heart of Mary Retreat Center just north of the city).

Pl. say a prayer that the paperwork necessary for me to register my car in GA arrives this week. GA gives one 30 days to register one's vehicle. And they take forever to process new vehicle title papers without which once can't register a new car. The dealer said it should be in before Aug 15 ... but without that, I can't register my car ... and I'm not sure what to do if it's not in by this weekend. Ugh.

5 comments:

Jim said...

I wouldn't worry about the car registration.... they ALWAYS take more than a month. The dealer will give you a new temporary tag if your registration isn't done by the time it expires.

Anonymous said...

Drive the car... you have a bill of sale and it is not your fault the dealer has not gotten off their rear. Call the dealer and raise cane today! In SC it is possible for a small fee to get the title on the same day, i am sure it can be done in Ga. The dealers rarely actually have the title for the car they are selling you, usually his financial institution likes to hold on to the titles :-) The dealer then once a week or once a month makes a trip to his financial institution and then to the DMV where he files all the paperwork. i guess I should have given you this info earlier, they could've had that title for you to take to the DMV the day you went to pick the car up.

Anonymous said...

drive real careful

Fr. Gaurav Shroff said...

Thanks y'all. There is one DMV site where one can get titles done in a day. Assuming the dealer has gotten the paperwork ready. I only have like half a day on Friday. And even if I got the title, I still have to hoof it up to Gilmer county to register the car. Plus I still have the tag from my old car which my county said I could transfer. I'm half tempted to just stick it on the new one but that would be all kinds of illegal. :)

Left one message with the dealer and will keep hounding him.

Fr. Gaurav Shroff said...

Dealer says that the VIN is in the system and I should be able to get my tag on Friday. YAY!